WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.fathersonsclothing.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our marketing mailing list, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Information we collect about you, including when you make a purchase. When you visit our site or make (or attempt to make) a purchase through our site, we will collect necessary information from you to ensure we can fulfil your order or chosen service, this includes the following information:-
- Your name (We require this to locate your order on the system and fulfil your order/perform our contract with you).
- Billing address (We require this for fraud protection to guarantee the purchase has been made by the genuine card holder).
- Shipping address (We require this so we can ship your order to you/perform our contract with you).
- Email address (So we can update you on the progress of your order and send you personal and relevant order notifications).
- Phone number (This is requested solely for the courier to provide a sms delivery notification to you. We will never send SMS marketing to you).
- If you choose to pay by card, we will need to collect your payment information in order to process card payments. (We do not store credit card/payment details – Our website is PCI DSS compliant - full information on PCI DSS compliance can be found here)We may also need to ask for additional information from you, e.g. to prevent fraudulent transactions, to comply with anti-money laundering obligations for high value transactions.
- At checkout you will have the option to opt-in to be notified of your order/shipping updates on Facebook Messenger. If you click this box, you will then need to log in to your Facebook account to complete this. You will then receive order/shipping notifications direct to your Facebook Messenger account at your request.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Additionally, as you browse our site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our site, and information about how you interact with our site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:-
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our site
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Here is a list of other cookies that we use to explain how and why we use them. This will help you to choose whether or not you want to opt-out of cookies:-
_session_id, unique token, sessional - Allows our website to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit - Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits to our site.
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day - Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
_cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks - Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
_storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password - This is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
-Site functionality cookies – They allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”
Ultimately, cookies provide:
- A more personalised website experience as they save you from re-entering information when you return to the site and remember your location and language for a more seamless shopping experience with us.
- They help us with site analytics as we can gage and analyse how you use our site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable them altogether. Details about this can usually be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer.
If you have said we can, we will send you marketing messages by email in the form of a newsletter to keep you aware of what we are up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from us. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:-
Through your account settings;
By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email/newsletter;
By following this link and entering the email address you used to register https://fathersonsclothing.us8.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=94cbddcc49d638603cea3f7f1&id=da39662de3;
By contacting our Customer Service Team at email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you do not receive further marketing emails.
Please note: Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications such as order updates as these are vital in performing our contract with you and successfully fulfilling your order
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through our site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:-
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to communicate with you and allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure, by screening orders for potential risk or fraud;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (if you opt-in to subscribe to our email marketing).
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to perform our contract with you and to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Father Sons or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Father Sons, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We also use third party couriers to deliver your order and will need to share your contact information with them for this purpose only.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:-
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:-
Following this link and entering the email address you used to register for our marketing newsletter –
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to Access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted at any time (You can also do this at any time yourself by logging in to your own account. For any assistance in exercising this right, please contact us through the contact information below).
You can request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances. The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Additionally, if you are a European resident - we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through our site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you or/and until you ask us to delete this information. If you wish for your personal information to be permanently erased from our website please contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will action this.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Galaford Limited, Unit C4, Seedbed Centre, Davidson Way, Romford, RM7 0AZ, United Kingdom.